Key features of Fedora Repository Software.
- Store all types of content and its metadata
- Digital content of any type can be managed and maintained
- Metadata about content in any format can be managed and maintained
- Scale to millions of objects
- Access data via Web APIs (REST/SOAP)
- Provide RDF search (SPARQL)
- Rebuilder Utility (for disaster recovery and data migration)
- The entire repository can be rebuilt from the digital object and content files.
- Content Model Architecture (define "types" of objects by their content)
- Many storage options (database and file systems)
- JMS messaging (your apps can "listen" to repository events)
- Web-based Administrator GUI (low-level object editing)
- OAI-PMH Provider Service
- GSearch (fulltext) Search Service
- Multiple, customer driven front-ends.